Effective Date: 10 January 2017
Thank you for visiting www.upsurgeon.com (Site), an educational resource dedicated to neurosurgery and neuroanatomy, and/or downloading our apps, which incorporates Site contents as web view or link opened through internet browsers of your mobile device (Apps) and other educational contents.
Content on the Platforms is provided for educational purposes only, and is provided for use by medical professionals (Authors) and revised/adapted to the Theory section of the website by a scientific team of specialists in neurosurgery, residents and medical students (UpSurgeOn Team). It should not be used for self-diagnosis or self-treatment. It is not intended as, nor should it be, a substitute for independent professional medical care. As content is submitted by individual Authors after the UpSurgeOn Team revision, UpSurgeOn and its associates (including licensors) (Associates) cannot guarantee its accuracy and assume no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information. We recommend that you consult your own physician regarding any diagnosis, imaging interpretation or course of treatment.
You agree to use the information solely for your own private educational purposes and further agree not to rely on the information in any way. Medical practitioners must make their own independent assessment before performing surgical procedures or suggesting a diagnosis or recommending or instituting a course of treatment. The Platforms should not in any way be seen as a replacement for consultation with colleagues or other sources, or as a substitute for conventional training and study. If you are not medically qualified you further acknowledge that the content on the Platforms is provided for educational purposes only, and is provided for use by medical professionals.
Ownership and Licences in Theory section
User contributed image content
Contributing to Theory sections of the platform as Author with Image Contents (including but not limited to CT, MRI, angiography, X-rays, ultrasound, images, photos and diagrams, but specifically excluding all text content) (Image Contents) you declare to be licensed to use them. UpSurgeOn in any way is responsible of copyright violations concerning the image contents provided by you. Image Content (other than Image Content contributed by you) may not be modified, copied, distributed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold by you in any form or by any means, in whole or in part without prior written permission from the contributing user (Author).
So that text content you contribute to any Platform can be readily edited by UpSurgeOn team and it is necessary that all rights in any text content which you contribute to any Platform (including but not limited to articles, blog posts, case descriptions, image descriptions, tutorials and all communications you transmit to anyone through any Platform) (Text Content) be the property of UpSurgeOn. Text Content may not otherwise be modified, copied, distributed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold by you in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from UpSurgeOn. Where you contribute any Text Content to any Platform as Author, you assign to UpSurgeOn, free of charge and effective on making such contribution, all right, title and interest in such content (including any copyright, but excluding any non-assignable personal rights).
Platform Intellectual Property Rights
All rights in all software, designs, arrangements, graphics pertaining to the Platforms belong to UpSurgeOn. All page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and logos are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of UpSurgeOn or its Associates and may not be reproduced, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of UpSurgeOn. All trademarks, product names, and company names and/or logos displayed on the Platforms are either trademarks or registered trademarks of UpSurgeOn or its Associates and may not be reproduced, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of UpSurgeOn.
- is de-identified such that the identity of each patient to whom Your Content relates is not identifiable or reasonably identifiable;
- has been collected by you in accordance with the Privacy act 196 2003;
- will not infringe any third party intellectual property rights when used on, or in connection with, any Platform;
- comprises legitimate and original content such as, but not limited to radiographic images (CT, US, MRI, X-rays, DSA etc..), photos, diagrams and illustrations and that these have not been in any way copied from any secondary source.
In using any Platform, you agree:
- to comply with all policies of UpSurgeOn or its Associates contained in, or referred to on, the Platform;
- not to disrupt or interfere with any other user's enjoyment of the Platforms or affiliated or linked Web sites;
- not to disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, the Platform, or any services, system resources, software, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Platform or affiliated or linked Web sites;
- not to transmit through or on the Platform spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- not to attempt to obtain unauthorized access to any aspect of the Platform which is restricted from general access;
- not use the Platform to seek, provide or obtain specific medical advice, medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment as applied to any person’s particular condition or situation.
In addition, you agree that you will not discuss or refer to any particular patient, any particular patient's medical condition or any other information which could identify a particular patient. You expressly agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted under your Author profile, and that you will comply with all applicable local, national and international laws when using any Platform.
You further expressly agree that you will not discuss, endorse or refer to "off label” uses of medical products, including any uses which have not been approved by the EU or another applicable regulatory agency.
Notice of Inappropriate Use